Your One-Stop-Shop for Plastic Seaplane Models

They say that the art of plastic model making is dead. Or dying. Our kids are growing up glued to all these electronic devices...the iPad, the iPhone, the XBox, the Nooks...you get the point. So when do they spend time being creative? When do they spend time learning a craft? Or building something from scratch? Times are different sure. I grew up in a time when I couldn't wait to go over to my cousin Brad's. He had a wide array of crazy cool car models adorning his bookshelf. The Chevy Camero, the Corvette Stingray and many others. He was my inspiration to begin plastic model making at an early age. My Dad...God bless him...always supported that. At five or six I was assembling cars and trucks. But my passion was always in seaplanes. There was the problem. Being more unpopular than your average military F-16, or Huey....there wasn't a seaplane model to be found in any hobby stores. I would come home from our family's Canada cabin trips with a renewed motivation to search high and low for any seaplane models or merchandise I could find, usually to no avail. Seems ironic that 25+ years later, I'm writing this Blog post, in hopes of educating other seaplane enthusiasts of our company, DeHavilland Dreams. And those seaplane models I longed to find as a boy, are now the very foundation of the online store we have continued to grow over the past five years. Model makers are not a dying breed. We continue to evolve our craft...striving to make every model look like an identical replica. At DeHavilland Dreams, we not only are our customers "Seaplane-Central" for all merchandise having to do with Seaplanes or Floatplanes. We also are a central hub for plastic seaplane models of various types. Whether you are looking for our 1:24th scale de Havilland Beaver DHC-2 seaplane model (the largest ever produced), or Cessna 172 models, the mighty Norseman, a Piper PA-18, or our new de Havilland Twin Otter desktop model...we have something for your price range and skill level. Check us out sometime and see what other seaplane merchandise we have to offer you.